6.12.2012

A m♥mma's weekend

I know I’m just a tad late posting about this, but I had such a great mother’s day weekend that I had to share.

So, it started with a night out with my girl…our first real momma/daughter date ever.  My friends & I took our daughters to see Disney on Ice: Dare to Dream.  I had planned the night knowing that she may be a little young and could get a little restless, tired, etc. and fully expected to be leaving early.  Boy was I wrong!  She was the perfect age!  So amazed by everything…completely enthralled by all the princesses and other characters.  It was truly a special night for us a both!

IMG_1021My little princess awaiting her chariot

Before the show, we all met for dinner at Lucy’s downtown.  So much fun!

IMG_1023Heather with Mikalyn & Carli

IMG_1024Sissy & Rylee

IMG_1026
Avery and her momma, Ashley
(Sidenote: Ashley and I have been friends since we were Avery’s age if not younger.  Pretty cool to do fun things with our daughters together!)

IMG_1027
Mary-Kate and her momma, Katie

IMG_1029
Kaitlyn, aka Sleeping Beauty, with her momma, Casey

IMG_1033
The girls
(Sloan, Mary-Kate, Avery, & Kaitlyn)

We got to our seats just in time for the show…perfect planning Winking smile

photo (1)Love this…this is how she looked the whole night!

IMG_1043
She didn’t even want to take her eyes off the rink to take a pic

As soon as I saw the man with the cotton candy, I had to get Sloan some since she had never had it before.  I just knew she was gonna love it!  Wrong.  Not only did she not like it, she spit it out! Ha!   So she was quite content with this…

IMG_1051
Sloan with her tub-o-popcorn.

It was a great night and a late one for us, especially since we had to get up early because we were driving to Mississippi to spend the day with my family at one of the state park/campgrounds.  We got to spend the day with my mom & dad, maw-maw, aunts & uncles, some cousins & their kids, and my brothers & families too.  The kids were excited to go “camping” (even if it was just for the day) because they LOVE to be outside. 

IMG_1063
Sprinkler fun!

IMG_1075Lovin’ on the camp kitty

IMG_1080Jagger – ready to go fishing

IMG_1081Rocco taking it easy

IMG_1108
Down by pier, playing in the water…

Big Pop took them on their first boat ride.  A little unsure at first, but ended up loving it.  I see a lot of boat rides in their future, especially with daddy and Grandaddy since they are the big fishers!

IMG_1091
Jagger & Sloan

IMG_1095Me with Madden & Rocco (& wild hair!)

Another great day with the fam! 

Sunday, we went to church and then took a loooooong nap after lunch – one of my MOST favorite things to do on Sundays.  Then Nick gave me one of the best presents by taking the kids out of the house for a couple of hours so I could get some housework done.  Yep, I loved every minute of it!  Nothing like cleaning with the music cranked up and no kids under your feet Winking smile

IMG_1132

Mother’s day is always a special day for me and a sweet reminder of how far we have come and how blessed I am.  I love this little life of mine.

P.S.  This weekend will be a daddy weekend, especially since his birthday falls on Father’s day this year.  How special is that?!?

post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Mother/Daughter date looked like a lot of fun. I imagine this is the first of many to come. I love all the pictures of the moms and daughters.

: 0 ) Theresa

counter