12.03.2008

A Busy Day

Today started with a tour of the NICU at the Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center. As I walked the halls of the hospital, I couldn't help but to get excited about the near future. The nurses we spoke with were so helpful with answering our questions. During the tour, we were certain that our babies are going to be in the best care possible. Once the tour was over, we made our way over to Dr. Elliott's office in Glendale. Here we spent the rest of the afternoon. The ultrasound took about 2 hours due to the growing and active babies that make it a little more difficult. Another praise...all the babies still are doing great and my cervix measured 5cm long and closed! Here are the babies' measurements from today(19w 3d):

Baby A - 10 ozs - 19w 2d
Baby B - 10 ozs - 19w 5d
Baby C - 9ozs - 19w 0d
Baby D - 90zs - 19w 1d

As you can see, the babies are all still measuring on track. There amniotic fluid is still adequate and there is no sign of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome. The babies are at greater risk for developing TTTS in the 2nd trimester. Please pray with us that the babies will all get equal amounts nutrients and bloodflow and that they will continue to grow at the same rate. After the ultrasound, we were sent to a consultation room where we met Dr. Elliott....finally! We have heard such great things about him and were so excited to meet him. He discussed with us the difficulties of our particular pregnancy, a plan of care, what to expect along the way and the decisions that will need to be made. It was so comforting to have a doctor that shares with you your need/desire to have a successful pregnancy with four healthy babies at the end of it all. He has an obvious passion for complex pregnancies. We are so thankful God has put him in our lives. As of now, I am not on bedrest. However, Dr. E thinks I will be in about 2 weeks....which is my next scheduled appointment.

The appointment went a little long and we were pressed for time getting accross town to get Nick and my dad on their flight back to BR. They made it with 7 minutes to spare!!! So tonight is our (me & mom's) first night without the men we love so dearly. Nick will be back here in about 2 1/2 weeks...which is not too long, but it is the longest we have been apart since we were married.

Thank you all for your comments and emails. They are always encouraging and uplifting to read. I have been so amazed by the support of all the quad moms and other HOM moms...thanks to you all! I am hoping that now that I am here and not as distracted with everyday life....I will have more time to respond to emails.

Love and Blessings,
Kami

8 comments:

Grant said...

Hi Lambes!
I'm on bedrest too, but for differnt reasons than keeping a pregnancy. It's been a joy to read your blog and keep up with the progress of your pregnancy. I pray for you, and hope Dr. Elliot's magic will keep those babies baking as long as possible.
Thanks for letting me into your life, so I can escape mine for a while. I'd much rather pray for you than have pity for myself :)

BUILDING WITH 6 said...

HI Kami! I am so glad you had such a great visit with Dr E. Isn't he awesome. That is great you got a tour already. I had to go in to the hosp for a week at 22 weeks because my cervix went from a 4.4 to a 2ish something in one week and was contracting. That is when I was put on the terb pump. Anyway they told us we couldn't tour the NICU until 24 weeks when the babies are "viable!" I'm so glad you could do so earlier. We just did it this last hospital stay (26-27 weeks) and I was so uncomfortable from just coming off the mag and was a little loopy still. I went on total bed rest around 20 weeks but really was resting alot since about 17 weeks b/c my mom made me. I'm in my 28th week and so far at home since realeased just before thanksgiving. The Matria monitoring is good and frustrating at the same time for me though. We have two kids at home as well so it's good for them I am home again but alot of work for my mom and husband as they have to take care of me and the kids. They are great though.
Well, email or call anytime. The nurses are great and I've bonded with so many of them in the weeks I was there at Good Sam.
WHenever you are admitted ask about a food discount card for your family and although parking is a pain because if you park in the garage for more than 2 hours they charge, but you can always vallet and request a wheelchair....then it's free.
Here's our email again....
jkgobroncos@gmail.com

Rebecca Armendariz said...

Hi Kami and Nick!

On behalf of Banner Good Samaritan public relations... CONGRATULATIONS! What an exciting miracle you have in store. We are so glad that you've decided to take this journey with Dr. Elliott. He is truly amazing and the "best of the best." Let me know if you need anything. You are not alone in this. In fact, there is another quad mom here now who I'm sure would love to meet you. She is expected to deliver early January. Send an e-mail or give me a call if you are interested in connecting with her.

Best,
Rebecca Armendariz
Banner Good Samaritan Public Relations
rebecca.armendariz@bannerhealth.com
602.239.4412

Misty said...

Hi Lambes!
I'm so glad you got there ok & that you got to meet Dr.E! He is so wonderful! I know the NICU has changed alot since we were there. They were in the middle of the new construction, but if most of the nurses are the same, those babies will be in the best possible hands when they are delivered!
Keep baking those babies & drink your water!
Misty
mom to gggg quads
& a Dr. E graduate :)

The Murray Crew said...

Cheering you on ALL THE WAY! You are in wonderful hands here on earth (with Elliot) and above (Our Heavenly Father). Praying daily for you!

Jen and The Crew

The Carlsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie B said...

praying for you everyday!!

Jac Tubre said...

Hey Girl! So glad you got to meet the QuadGod and everything went well. The babies sizes look great. Keep us posted and I will call you soon.

Jac

counter